Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How long can an Orchid (Or another flower) last submerged under water?

I want to create a floral fish display, with a submerged flower anchored down in small glass pebbles and a floating candle on top with little fish swimming around the submerged flower. I have spoken to the Pet Shop man and bought appropriate little fish, and have safe floating candles. All thats left is I'm not sure how often I would have to replace a submerged flower, I'm thinking of using orchids. any ideas which flowers would last longest under water?

How long can an Orchid (Or another flower) last submerged under water?
All organics including flowers will sufficate when immersed. I am sure you would not want to deal with the rot and decay.





There are realistic plastic and/or silk flowers that would do the job.
Reply:Each condition is different. You will only find your answer if you try out your ideas.