Monday, May 11, 2009

How can I make my flower shop do better?

You need a business strategy. Find a serviceable niche and exploit it - a high end contract with local 5-Star hotels to decorate their lobbies and provide arrangements for guest rooms; street vendors for traffic lights when businessmen/women are driving home; satellite shops in hospitals; differential pricing during holidays; special delivery service; Internet ordering; etc.

How can I make my flower shop do better?
You need a second interest to draw people. You might try selling other small items on the side, like a few antiques. Or try having a consignment shop where people bring in crafts. Usually people like to go to a shop with more than one kind of thing to browse through. I went to a little tea shop once and ended up in another section where they had antiques and boy did I have fun. So not only did I have tea and a piece of pie, but also bought a flower vase. There is also a restaurant up here where I live, and in order to get to the tables you have to walk through all sorts of really great buys.
Reply:Lots of advertising especially when the special occasions come like mothers day. Maybe you can put some arrangements for dysplay. Big banners are good to.